Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bellamy re-do

It was interesting watching David and Katie basicly re-do what we did on Tuesday. I know they had their experiences from 2 days ago to rely on, but in a way it felt like today was a fresh start in Bellamy. David seemed more confident and Katie was more determined.
It really was interesting to see what happened when Katie was not being given any information from Mickey and David. She kept asking questions and depnding on their responces to guide her. I do this in Rovetta all the time. "The stairs are to my . . . left. . . I think?" It can get really frustrating as you try to ease off the teacher's assistance, or when you ask a question and no one answers. I think Katie did a really great job transitionsing to walking her route mostly independently. She did get turned around a few times, but through simple questions Mickey was able to guide her to discovering the answer for herself, which is always a good feeling. I like observing Katie because I feel like we have similar issues, like getting to the edge of downward stairs, getting turned around, and not having a lot of confidence in new environments. When we are in Bellamy it's like I get to step back and visually observe some issues I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment